If you use the Windows XP operating system or version 8 or lower of Internet Explorer to browse the web, you will no longer be able to visit NYSTRS.org. For security reasons, we are discontinuing access to our website via these products.
Our site will continue to support the following Microsoft products:
- Windows operating systems of Vista or newer;
- Web browsers Internet Explorer 9 or higher; and,
- The Microsoft Edge web browser.
NYSTRS also supports Apple products and other popular web browsers, such as Firefox.
If you are a Windows user, here's how to confirm what version you are running:
Windows 8 and 10:
- Go to the Windows Desktop screen.
- Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.
- Type “winver” in the text field and press Enter.
Windows 7 and earlier:
- Click the Start button, usually found in the lower left corner of the main Desktop screen.
- Click the Run or Search field, type “winver” and press Enter.
If you use an Internet Explorer web browser, here's how to confirm what version you are running:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click "Help" in the Menu bar, or click the Tools button in the top right corner of your browser.
- Click "About Internet Explorer." The version you are using will be displayed.