In conjunction with the launch of a new website, NYSTRS refreshed its mobile app for smartphones, tablets and computers. Features added include:
- Enhanced menu and navigation functionality;
- Locations and dates for upcoming Pension & Retirement Education Program (PREP) seminars;
- Key service credit milestones for each tier of membership;
- A video explaining steps to take if you’re facing a life-threatening illness or surgery; and,
- A calendar of benefit payment dates for our retirees.
These enhancements came on the heels of adding the ability to access the secure, members-only MyNYSTRS area of our website.
More than 1,400 members have downloaded the NYSTRS app since it was introduced in November 2014. They have used it to stay on top of the latest System news, find and get directions to consultation sites statewide, get answers to various benefit-related questions and even use our retirement countdown clock.
The NYSTRS app is available for both Apple and Android devices, and can be downloaded from the Apple and Google Play stores. The app is another self-service tool we offer in our continuing effort to provide exceptional customer service to our members.