Media inquiries should be directed to NYSTRS' Public Information Office at (800) 348-7298, Ext. 4743 or Ext. 2911, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYSTRS manages the fund from which NYS public school teachers and administrators receive retirement benefits. Visit our Pension Education Toolkit for additional information on public pensions.
Learn more about NYSTRS on our About Us page. Our publication Learning About NYSTRS provides an overview of the System's operations and benefits.
For facts and figures, refer to our Annual Report or NYSTRS by the Numbers, a summary of statistical information.
NYSTRS' Retirement Board meets in January, April, July and October. Visit our Retirement Board page to read Board meeting summaries and to learn more about the 10-member Board.
Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) requests should be mailed to: NYSTRS, Attn: Records Access Officer, 10 Corporate Woods Drive, Albany, NY 12211. Requests can also be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to (518) 447-2875. Learn more about FOIL.
Visit our Investments page for information on NYSTRS' investment strategy and current holdings. Additional information can be found in our Annual Report.
- NYSTRS Board to Meet April 24-25 (April 16, 2013)
- NYSTRS Board Approves Stable Contribution Option (April 9, 2013)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet April 9 (April 2, 2013)
- Executive and Compensation Committees to Meet (March 27, 2013)
- NYSTRS Board Meeting Postponed (March 8, 2013)
- Audit Committee to Meet March 13 (March 4, 2013)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet March 12 (March 1, 2013)
- Kraus, Keefe Re-elected to Lead NYSTRS' Board (Feb. 12, 2013)
- NYSTRS Appoints Gillan and Indelicato to Executive Staff; Virtanen Named Managing Director of Private Equity (Jan. 31, 2013)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet Jan. 30-31 (Jan. 17, 2013)
2012 Press Releases
2011 Press Releases
- Audit Committee to Meet (Oct. 19, 2011)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet (Oct. 13, 2011)
- Audit Committee to Meet (August 23, 2011)
- Magee Appointed to NYSTRS Board (July 22, 2011)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet July 27 (July 12, 2011)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet June 27 (June 14, 2011)
- Southerton Appointed to NYSTRS Board (May 24, 2011)
- Audit Committee to Meet (May 24, 2011)
- Frederick Herrmann Appointed Managing Director of Public Equities (April 19, 2011)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet April 27-28 (April 14, 2011)
- Two Honored with NYSTRS Excellence Awards (March 11, 2011)
- Harrington, Robinson Join NYSTRS Board (Feb. 4, 2011)
- NYSTRS Board to Meet Jan. 26-27 (Jan. 13, 2011)